Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bitten

Bitten is a 2008 low budget ($CAD2,500,000;estimated) vampire film that stars Jason Mewes, as a paramedic who rescues Danika, a female vampire, from an alley way.  Jack, a paramedic, is frustrated with his life after he breaks up with his girlfriend. He discovers a girl (Danika) in an alley way covered in blood, clinging to life. Jack takes Danika in and soon discovers that she is a vampire.  Directed by Harv Glazer, Produced by Robert Wilson, Written by Tim McGregor and Tyler Levine.  I believe the first time I watched this film was in 2010.  I like this movie, it's dark, kind of honest, with a thrilling attitude.  Simon Shohet did the Cinematography and I hope I'm able to see more of his work. 
    Jason Mewes has done so many movies with Kevin Smith that he is known as Jay.  In this movie he is almost completely different.  Erica Cox who you may know from playing Opera Audience Member #2 in  Repo! The Genetic Opera or a few episodes as 'Drunk Chick' in the television show  The Business, plays Danika.  Her acting in this is I'd say a 5 out of 10, which for a low budget film is fine. 
    I liked the ending to this the most.  Threw out the film their are several gags such as a montage using a Barnie song played while Jack cleans up a dead body, that make this a very entertaining movie.  The acceptance with Danika by Jack, is lovable.  If I was in his position, I'd probably act the same way.  This movie is an example of what I think vampires should be.  Not that twilight crap.  No I don't think vampires should turn into bats... Just Dracula.  I love the scene ware Jack's all like "My new bitch is wearin' your cloths! My new bitch is rockin' your CDs,". 
    If I was going to make a vampire movie, one idea would be to make a movie just like this, just to get more people to watch this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment