Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dub V Pub

The first sentence off there website is...

    "Equal parts sports bar and Mountaineer haven, Dub V Pub combines the best of both into a different kind of neighborhood gathering place, where friends can gather to have a bite, watch the game, root for the Mountaineers, or just grab a beer together in a lively atmosphere."

I agree 100%.  You have to go threw 2 locked doors, I thought for a moment that I was going to go down some steps to watch Doc and Crack fight in The Foundation.  But as soon as I opened the second door, I felt at ease.  It was like relaxation said "I want to make a bar".  Comfortable couches and TVs turned to ESPN everywhere.  The WV flag was displayed beautifully.  The cheapest shot of whiskey cost 3 dollars flat.  It was a Monday night around midnight that I visited this bar.  The 5 person group that was there seemed to get along with the staff wonderfully.  This place is a grate place to go if you are a die heart WVU fan or alumni.  Like most bars in WV they have billiards as well.  The next Backyard Brawl, this place will no doubt be packed wall to wall with everyone agents the Pittsburgh Panthers.  If I went to WVU, I would call this bar home.

No comments:

Post a Comment